Thursday, April 15, 2010

Memories!!!

“Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”

I remember it like yesterday……….when simple things meant most to me, a world where every day was a new adventure, playing with dolls and teddies and a summer visit to grandma's (Nani’s) house. My childhood is packed with memories of events and activities that have touched my life. These events have shaped me into a person that I am today. I, along with my younger sister and younger brother lived in world of imagination as children. 

When I was a child all I wanted to do was be an adult or act like an adult. In all the games I acted like someone older than me like- a teacher or a mum or a doctor. I still remember the laxness of the holidays and the shyness when my childhood hero would be near. When playing outside I was always the one hiding, not the one searching.   My best friend and I were always the experienced hiders.   We had the best hiding places and spent our free time collecting all crazy things and hiding them from other friends.  My friends and I were the neighborhood and could play hide and seek and Cops & Robbers for hours on end.

Further I would always remember my grandparents spoiling. I look back at my experience through elementary and secondary school as the best days of my life. Everything was so simple and easy when we are young. The only problem I had was to finish my homework so that I can go and watch my favorite cartoon on TV. Being young was also a very magical time. Toys would become very personal friends and confidants.

I have wonderful memories of my childhood and i m sure you all have same .....but what ruins this all for me is when I look at the conditions in which some children are being brought up, I m afraid what will be their memories of childhood? Will they be as beautiful as mine?? Will they ever want to remember their childhood as adults ? Don't they deserve to have bright memories of the best time of life?? Why is destiny partial to them??

I don't have answers to these questions but I think these questions matter.

Don't they!!!

Speak up your mind...waiting  for your thoughts!!! 

6 comments:

  1. yup i fully agree to it...our's childhood was d BEST..gone r d days...now it z a techi world which completely lacks d real n innocent childhood....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a blogger whose blogs are stringed directly to heart thats sakshi ...good work dear keep it up ... Dr Waseem

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done saki.. i so wish if time cud turn back! or if not childhood.. lets take us back to AMITY again :)
    but very refreshing article and it touches my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its different and i m sure people like you make us believe dat innocence and purity yet exists in this world...great...keep blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  5. articl is very goood no doubt at all....
    but
    but
    but
    @ rahul....DONT TALK ABOUT AMITYYYYYY....I DONT WANT TO GO IN THE HELL AGAIN..!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful and really emotional...it makes me to think...keep going

    ReplyDelete